Leelou Blogs

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Getting Tech Ready

Aaron brought Silas over this evening to watch some baseball with PopPop. I hijacked Aaron from the game and asked him to help me set up my iPhone to be able to post to our blog from China (when I can get wifi service). He was happy to oblige and within a few minutes I had a Posterous account, a Flickr account and was even hooked up to post to Facebook--although for some reason my pics don't want to upload to my Facebook status via my 3G iPhone. We're hopeful that wifi will work much more efficiently.

We experimented a little to make sure pictures would post to this blog, and sure enough they did! That is why you see the extra big photos of our little guy below. I chose not to delete them, cuz he's just too cute NOT to look at as much as possible.

Our LSC letter arrived around 12:30 pm via FedExpress. I opened the package and there it was--that long-awaited letter on the very top of a stack of other forms. I carefully read it and checked the tiny "accept referral" box near the bottom, and signed my name and dated it in the appropriate spot. Anna and I ran it up to Brian's office for his John Henry, then we drove back home to scan it and make copies. Then after going over everything two more times just to make sure I had everything in order, I purposely placed a copy of the letter on the top of the stack of paperwork that has been sitting on the buffet in the dining room for weeks now ready to be mailed. I grabbed Anna and we took off to the FedEx shipping location. It should be in the lock box and ready for pickup tomorrow.

We still have a few hoops to jump before we're ready to go (adoption paperwork steps) but we are so near the end of this long wait.

Today, as I looked back though all the paperwork steps we've taken since we made the decision to adopt this little guy way back in February, I suddenly found myself very thankful that there is a "process" to adopting. If a person was hit with all the steps at one time, I imagine it would be *doable* for some, but I would be completely overwhelmed.

So, step by step we have gotten to this point. I pray for our paperwork before I send anything off. I started praying for the paperwork today as I was putting it together asking God to go before us and clear the way to our little man.

Hang on cuz the ride is going to get very exciting soon....

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Heart for Orphans

Grace Church Family members talk about Idea Camp (Video)