Our Article 5 was picked up from the US Consulate in Guangzhou last night and sent to the CCAA (China's adoption agency) in Beijing. So, we are *officially* waiting for TA (travel approval). We are not expecting it to come for a couple of weeks. Our agency still thinks we can travel before the end of the year.
I've been checking with travel agents to determine the prices of airline flights. The last quote I received was $2500 per person, and paying Nathan Oliver's one way ticket of $1250. NOT what we had in mind!!!!! The most difficult thing about this is the airlines will only hold the tickets for a couple of days, so it really isn't doing us much good to count on the prices right now. They will only increase the closer we get to Christmas. And until we have a definite date, we can't purchase tickets.
I already had it in my mind that the girls would be traveling with us no matter what, so I didn't really make a plan B. But, the time has come to begin making a back up plan for the girls. I am crushed, and I know they will be too if they don't get to travel with us. I can't imagine leaving our daughters behind on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and flying off without them. Breaks my heart to even go there. But, I can't imagine leaving our son in and institution one more day than what is absolutely necessary either.
A few things have happened over the last couple of weeks, and I will write about them soon.
Continued prayers would be greatly appreciated. We know we are in the Father's will and we also know His plans are always so much better than the ones we make for ourselves.
Many blessings to you all,
Deb

what a present to go get them, though!! they'll get to go one day if it doesn't work out this trip. lilly and i were talking about how we both want to see the terra cotta warriors one day! we prayed about it in kids' time yesterday at church, though, and we have a great history of answered prayer in there! : )
ReplyDelete