Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finally able to announce that we have our TA!!!!
Our consulate appointment is January 11th.
Gotcha Day AND Adoption Day will both be January 4th.
(An early birthday gift for ME!)
We will fly to Guangzhou on Jan 7th, my special day, and finish up all the paperwork to get Nathan Oliver's US visa on the 13th. So, we will either be flying out on the evening of 13th or early on the 14th to come home.
I have a travel agent working on our travel arrangements right now.

We were informed this morning that there is a strong Russian influence in the Heilongjiang province, so the Civil Affairs Office in the city where we will adopt our little guy is making all the local arrangements for us, instead of our China contact person. Our agency has assured us that Lily will make sure that everything goes well for us....that she will stay on top of things. BUT, we would feel so much better knowing that each of you are praying for God to go before us and clear the way. Please pray for His hand to be in all the details and cover our family with protection. Praises that we have had SO MANY prayers answered already!

I am going to do my best to blog and e-mail from China. We were gifted with a new iPad as an early Christmas present. Blogs and Facebook are blocked in China, so I need to find a VPN to put on it so that I can stay in touch with everybody from the other side of the world.

I just wanted to be sure to mention that we will have somebody house sitting for us while we're gone. Our German Shepherd will be on guard to help protect our home while we're gone. He's such a good dog! He and the doberman are not friendly with strangers. Their devotion to our family speaks volumes. They both LOVE their new doggie door that allows them access inside and outside the house at a moments notice. What would we do without our devoted pets? I'm sure they will miss us while we're gone..as will our sweet Chauncey dog.

Merry Christmas to you all,
Debbie & Family

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Deb! Truly the best Christmas present this year as you await the arrival of YOUR son! May the Lord bless you with peace and joy! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

God's Heart for Orphans

Grace Church Family members talk about Idea Camp (Video)