Leelou Blogs

Sunday, January 16, 2011

WE'RE HOME FROM CHINA!!!!


Well, first thing I should mention is that we were unable to blog from China. We had two VPNs on the iPad but neither of them allowed us to fully access the internet to blog. I'm so terribly sorry for those of you who wanted to follow our travels to China and back.

But we are finally home and so happy to be here. Jet lag is kicking us big time, but we're getting there.

We had a wonderful time in China. We froze our tooties off in Harbin...it was colder than cold. The Ice Festival was beautiful, and we were able to see the opening ceremonies from our hotel room window. What a treat!

I would definitely recommend using Korean Air. The seats are larger than any others we've flown...and the girls and I loved having our own private screens to watch movies and play games on. The plane we took home was an older one and not as updated with the 10 inch screens (we had to settle for 8 inch) and the legroom was a bit less, but the service was outstanding. We were near the back of the plane on the ride home and the turbulence was felt a bit more back there, where we discovered Anna gets motion sickness (as does Nathan).

It took us 38 hours of travel time to get from Guangzhou to our house. We had time to stretch out a bit on sofas in the very nice Seoul airport. I think I slept for about an hour. And the kids had a chance to play in the Play Zone adjacent to the lounge area where I'm thinking people were not so happy to hear my youngin's squealing with joy for the ability to run around and be kids before we took off on the long 13 hour plane ride home.

I am so thankful to be home....SO THANKFUL!!!! We had some adventures and enjoyed the beautiful country of China..but there really is NO PLACE like HOME!!!

I'll post some pics over the next few days.

Here is the first one of Nathan. He is a high energy, 2 1/2 year old CUTIE! We've had our moments with his mischievousness and strong willed spirit. He didn't like his Baba for the first few days or so, but has since attached to him quite strongly. He ran up to me and hugged me this morning so I count that a victory for Mama.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! and yes, he is a doll! can't wait to hear more on the adventures and your transition! will be praying for you! Our daughter is so strong willed too but now that we've been home almost 8 weeks it's getting so much better. So thankful he's in your arms!
    Tammi with daughter Halle from Harbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. insomniac in China here!! Checking in to see updates...no kidding is he a cutie!! You've got a real heartbreaker on your hands there!!! Congrats! SOOOO happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

God's Heart for Orphans

Grace Church Family members talk about Idea Camp (Video)