
"Adoption is the mirroring of the Gospel."
Jedd Medefind (Christian Alliance for Orphans)
"Man made orphanages for children, but God made families for children."
"Adoption is not about an orphan's past, it's about their future."
Johnny Carr (Bethany Christian Services)
"We have to be willing to go where we need to go...even if it is uncomfortable."
Jody Farrel (Central United Methodist Church in Fayetteville)
Casey Henagan with Keypoint Church told us that churches can do three things:
1. Be soul-winning churches
2. Focus on Christ
3. Engage in Orphan Care
And he shared this scripture from Proverbs 24:11 which reads, (Note the word "rescue")
"Rescue those being led away to death, hold back those staggering toward slaughter."
I will add the rest of the passage,
"If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who guards your life know it?
Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?"
The study notes in my NIV Bible say, "Today there are many people on the road to death whom we can rescue in a variety of ways: through education, protesting, sharing our material resources, opening our homes and so on. Our efforts should not be limited to those headed for physical death through drugs, alcohol, disease, abortion, hunger or violence. We may also help those destined for spiritual death. Ultimately, people need to hear the life-changing message of the gospel."
So, I ask myself....
Doesn't the Gospel rescue me from sin and death? ABSOLUTELY!
What can I do to help "the least of these" ?
How do I ask others to join me in caring for orphans?
About the picture...Saturday evening Nathan and his sisters were wrestling with their big brother Wiley. Nathan is wearing the Superman cape that Wiley use to wear when he was Nathan's age. (And I think he's wearing a Spiderman mask that Wiley gave to Anna for her birthday a couple of years ago...ha!)
I wish with all my heart that each and every person could experience of the joy that comes with adopting a child or children into a family. God's blessings are overflowing in our hearts!
Be blessed today....
Deb

No comments:
Post a Comment