Well, I'm was having a bit of trouble trying to edit my last post. I saved part of it then went back to finish it and discovered that I'd forgotten to save the ending and now it is nowhere to be found. So I'm re-writing the end.
Anna Rose Dianping has another story all her own. The first time I saw the 34 month old toddler, I thought she was stunningly beautiful! She cried for about 30 minutes after her caregivers left her with us in the hotel room in China and I don't think she shed a tear for the rest of the time we were there. After playing with us for a couple of hours in the hotel room, she jumped off the bed, walked over to her new daddy, bopped him on the leg, jumped back on the bed and snickered. Brian looked at me and said, "I think she is ornery!" And she was!!! She was a wild child when we got her home. She would run around every day after supper and we would have the most difficult time helping her settle down. She would laugh at us when we disciplined her. Those were some difficult days in our household. We labeled her antics as "orphanage behaviors." She was tiny but mighty. She was the youngest in her group at the orphanage and she had to learn to hold her own. Today, after almost exactly 5 years in our family, Anna is a loving, talented, and giving little girl. She prays for people who are ill; she prays for others to know Jesus; and she tells us that she doesn't want to ever grow up and leave us. She loves her family and friends deeply. She still has a very strong will and perfectionist qualities, but she is has a very sweet spirit and everybody who knows Anna, loves her.
Our lives have been forever changed by these two little girls who started out their lives in orphanages in China.
I would strongly recommend that you read the article in Christianity Today. As a matter of fact, I would dare you to read it. Russell D. Moore writes that not everybody is called to adopt, but we are all called to care for orphans in their distress, and I wholeheartedly agree.
Blessings to all,
Debbie

Please forgive my misspellings...ugh! I used spellcheck but missed a few. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteI remember meeting Anna for the first time and absolutely FALLING IN LOVE with her. I know my life wouldn't be the same if you guys hadn't been obedient to God's calling. You're girls are amazing and so very special.
ReplyDelete