Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another Little Snag

Each of our documents is so important to the processing of this adoption. Yesterday I received a phone call from our agency. One of our original documents didn't make it to Guangzhou, China. The agency is certain that it was sent along with the other paperwork, so we are currently waiting to hear if it was just overlooked.

God knows exactly where that document is located. He is so incredibly faithful...so I'm putting out another request for prayer. Please pray for our adoption process!!!! God knows what's going to happen, but he loves to hear the prayers of his people. I know I have asked for a lot of prayer over the past 9 months or so...and here I am asking again. We would appreciate it if you could just take a moment when you're reading this and lift our adoption up to the Lord and ask for favor for us to move through the process efficiently and without further delays...ask for protection for our family and for our little guy. Pray that our Heavenly Father would guide and protect him and prepare his heart to become part of our family of Believers. And, I'll add one thing here as well. Please pray for our finances...we would love to take the girls with us to China when we travel to adopt our little guy. Unfortunately, airfares will be going up as the holidays approach. When we started the paperwork way back in February, we'd planned to take the girls with us and we thought we'd already be to China and back by now....we didn't know that the process would take a bit longer than expected, so our budget is squeaky tight, and right now there is no extra money in the budget to take the girls. I am NOT asking for anyone to give us money...just for God to work in the situation. When that travel approval comes, we want to fly as soon as possible even if that means us leaving along with all the holiday travelers.

Lil keeps saying..."Momma, I miss Oliver!!! I want to go get him NOW!"...when she looks at a picture of her brother, I can see the longing for him in her eyes. I recognize the look...I know how she feels. The girls have been part of this journey even before we knew we were adopting Nathan Oliver. They helped in making the decision to adopt again. Lil wanted another sister; Anna said, "I've always wanted a little brother to take care of." Eventually, Lil came around to the idea of a little brother. They have both fallen in love with this little guy, as have I. And, I'm sure if you ask Brian, he would agree that he's quite smitten with him too. The wait has become...I don't want to say, "unbearable," but the feelings are overwhelming at times. We are at the point of saying, "We want to GO NOW!!!!"

Blessings to you all,
Thank you in advance for blessing us with your prayers,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. You can never ask for too much prayer, Debbie! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

God's Heart for Orphans

Grace Church Family members talk about Idea Camp (Video)