Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Washing Nathan's Feet


Yesterday afternoon, Nathan had a blast jumping on the trampoline with Lilly. After all our nasty winter weather, our trampoline is in need of a good cleaning, but as of yet this hasn't happened. Bouncing up and down, falling and crawling around on it leaves little toes, hands feet and nails a tad dirty. As you can see from the picture he still has some grunge on his nails even after we washed both feet this morning.
As I was washing Nathan's feet in the bathroom sink this morning, I was reminded of how blessed I am to be his mother of this child. He has a little boo boo that we needed to bandage, so because the rest of his body was clean, we just needed to clean up the feet a bit. I feel so blessed to be able to do this for my little guy. I remembered that Jesus' servanthood led him to wash the feet of his disciples. He bathed the grunge off their feet as a symbol of his love for them...and as an example for them to follow. Jesus calls us to become servants to one another out of the love he holds in his heart for each of us. He knows that his hour has arrived....he is fully aware that he is soon to be sacrificing his life to pay for the sins of the world. Jesus shows his disciples the full extent of his love in this lowly act. His sacrifice on the cross shows us the full extent of his love for us!!! All authority has been given to him by his Father, but he chose to lower himself and come to the earth as a servant in order to wash the dirt and nastiness off of us. How blessed are we?????
Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:14-15 New Testament IVP
Feel blessed today,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Heart for Orphans

Grace Church Family members talk about Idea Camp (Video)