I walked upstairs this morning and noticed that my bed had been made. As I rounded the outer side of the bed to smooth off a few wrinkles, I noticed the smudge of toothpaste on the foot board. It has been there for a few days...I don't know why I left it there and didn't clean it up....I guess perhaps I needed it for today's blog. The pillows were not placed back on the bed in the order that I usually put them. I started to change them, then decided to leave them just the way they were...a reminder to me that things don't always have to be the way "I need for them to be." It was very thoughtful of my daughter to do this for me...*a very special gift.*
Now to the toothpaste....
Who put it there? I'll give you three guesses. In our house, there seems to be an endless supply of toothpaste smudges all over the girls' bathroom at any given moment. I am constantly cleaning it up. I fuss at them for not washing it completely out of the sink; I fuss about the fact that little splatters of it are on the mirror almost EVERY day!!!..even right after I've cleaned it. I find it on the floor, on the rug, on the counter top and little dried drips of it on the cabinet doors. A few days ago, I overheard Anna whispering, "Lilly, I'm cleaning this off of the door, don't say anything to Momma....you know she doesn't like toothpaste everywhere." (So, I know they hear me!)
I don't know if anybody else has trouble with toothpaste smudges everywhere, but I'm guessing some of you have little black critters who show up in kitchens and bathrooms about this time every year. They have arrived in our house! I've put out ant food and drink for all of them to enjoy as their *last supper*...but they keep coming...guess it must be some tasty stuff? Instead of going back to their little homes and dying, they must be telling their friends about the treats that are to be found in the bathroom....and my guess is that they find the remnants of toothpaste to taste even better!!!
Nathan has made it his mission to show me each and every ant that he sees. You should have heard his comments to me as I was brushing my teeth this morning. "Momma!!! LOOK! Ant!!!" "Yes, Nathan I see them." They are everywhere I tell you...all over the bathroom. Toothpaste on the bedpost and ants on the floor. Interesting stuff to write about, huh?
Have a great day!
Deb

No comments:
Post a Comment