Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Mommy, Look at me!"

Nathan is becoming quite the mimic these days. When he needs my attention he says, "Mommy, look at me!" And when he wants to finish doing something before he obeys me, he will say, "Jus a minet." (Just a minute) He has heard both of these phrases in similar circumstances from *someone,*...couldn't be from me...naw..nope..nada!

Last night we were babysitting his niece, Lexi, who, btw is turning ONE tomorrow...hard to believe! I closed the door that leads from the kitchen to the downstairs area and I told Nathan that I was closing it so that Lexi wouldn't fall down the stairs and get hurt. Later in the evening when we were downstairs, Nathan closed the same door. He had been watching his dad and I retrieve Lexi from the stairs about a bazillion times, so when his daddy said, "Nathan, don't close that door," he replied, "I close door..jabber..jabber..Lexi no fall down da stairs." He loves her so much!!!! It was so sweet. And later, when Lexi had his little dalmatian puppy that goes with his new firetruck, he would not take it away from her. He started crying because he wanted it, but he would NOT take it from her. She, in turn, stood in the middle of the floor and watched him. She knew he was upset, and she stared crying. It was hysterical....but so sweet.

Nathan continues to do well...and we continue to fall more and more in love with him each day. Aaron took the picture of him above at Andrew's 25th birthday party last week.

Oh and Nathan has a new little nephew...
Jonah Benjamin was born at home on March 6th....he's a big boy, weighing in at 10 pounds, 6 oz and 23 inches long. Momma and baby are doing well.

More later...
Blessings to everybody!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. He's so sweet and smart! I've really enjoyed having him in GKM. I picked up some new cars at target the other day for the toddler room and almost opened them, but thought, "I bet Nathan would want to help do this". :)

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete

God's Heart for Orphans

Grace Church Family members talk about Idea Camp (Video)