Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Six Weeks

Our dossier was logged in to the CCAA (in China) on August 17th. So, it's been six weeks of waiting for our LSC (Letter Seeking Confirmation). I just know that the CCAA staff are working very diligently to get that most important letter to us. They are an honorable organization. They work very hard and make miracles happen for families like ours. I can't tell you how proud I am to be the mother of two Chinese daughters and a soon-to-be son.

We had hopes of getting new pictures and/or an update by now via our agency, but that hasn't happened, so I will just put it in my mind that NO news is GOOD news and graciously accept that the staff in the orphanage are providing good care to our little guy.

Rhea Lana's is a traveling consignment maternity, children's clothing, toys, furniture and equipment store. They happen to be here in our city this week. I got up, drank my cup of coffee, read a few e-mails and headed out of the house so I could be there when the doors opened at the store this morning. It was nice to see that I was NOT the only *older lady* shopping for deals today. There were other grandmothers shopping right alongside the mommies and their newborns early this morning. It tickled me to see all the people searching for the best deals. I love shopping for deals--esp on children's stuff.

I checked out the toys and furniture in the first building...then walked next door and checked out the equipment (strollers and car seats) in the second building. I found several strollers that were nice but decided to trot on over to the last building and check out the clothing. I took a chance---since Nathan Oliver is 2, I decided to purchase size 2T winter clothing. I got some good deals. I found some little onsie jammies for him to wear underneath his clothes in the bitterly cold weather we'll face when we get to China. I found a couple of hoodies, a light blue sweater and a couple of fleece sweatshirts to layer with some boy-colored long sleeve shirts. I finished up with a few jeans, a pair of cute corduroy slacks and a couple of khaki pants.
I paid the lady and took my lot to the van. I couldn't help myself...I had to go back and check out the strollers just one more time. I discovered as I wandered back into that particular store, a row of little "walkers." One just happened to be in great shape and was only $10. So, our little 6- month old Lexi has a new play toy to keep her occupied (for at least 10-15 minutes until she is ready to move onto something else). I looked at three different strollers (all with different prices) that I thought would serve Nathan Oliver and me well in the future whether we're shopping at the mall or strolling the neighborhood....finally deciding on the one that had been used well, but was the best price. My husband will be happy that I stayed on budget.

So, that's my news for Wednesday.

We would be most thankful if you would keep our family in your prayers. Please pray especially for Nathan Oliver AoYing....that his heart would be prepared for our family. And that he will be able to come to live with us soon.

Blessings,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Heart for Orphans

Grace Church Family members talk about Idea Camp (Video)