

For some time I've been wanting to write a blog post about these lovely women in my life. I've hesitated doing so because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to describe in words just how much they mean to me and our family and how much I love each of them. But, tonight I just decided to give it a shot and see if I can do it justice....I know I won't. Grace, in the first picture, with her daughter, Lexi , joined our family just a couple of years ago. She is so unbelievably talented! She's rather quiet but bright and smart and loving...and the way she cares for Lexi and Andrew, oh my goodness, I know she adores them to pieces and loves Lexi, and tolerates Andrew, more than actions could ever show. Grace is an artist...she writes....oh so well. How I wish I could be half as talented with words! She draws and paints too. Andrew affectionately calls her Gracie!!!...and that she is!...a precious gift...full of love and wisdom beyond her years, and unlike our daughter, whom we gave the same middle name, she can walk across a room without tripping and falling down. HA!
Rachel is in the second picture with our middle son ,Wiley....what can I say about Rachel? She loves life! Lives it fearlessly sometimes. Rachel is sweet and kind and the sort of person you just enjoy being around or hanging out with. I always want to steal her away from Wiley just so I can have her all to myself. I know without a doubt that she loves him and will always take care of him. Rachel stands up for what she believes in and is loyal to her family and ours. She has come into her own recently and she and Grace are working together on some projects that call attention to impoverished communities and the people and organizations that are making a difference in our world. Love that about both of them!
And the last picture is of Susan...or Susie as we call her sometimes. She's holding our youngest grandchild, Jonah, which is her second son, and her third child. I loaded the pictures and intended for Susan to be at the top because she's been with us the longest, but they loaded backwards. I guess it really doesn't matter who comes first, but Susie has been a part of our family the longest. Bless her! Sometimes I wonder if she knows what she got herself into by joining the Holt family. Susan is strong....physically and emotionally....but she is soft and gentle too...I see that in the way she loves and cares for her children and Aaron. And I love and admire that about her. She too is smart and intelligent. (I know those two words sorta mean the same thing, but I like the way they look together.) She knows how to cook and bake which I know makes my eldest son, Aaron, who really enjoys eating, happy. Susan doesn't mess with trivial things...she knows what she wants for herself and for her family...and will battle for those things that she feels strongly about--the things that *mean* something in life.
Brian and I always prayed for God to provide Godly women for our sons to marry. He answered those prayers with each of these young women. One at a time they joined our family....Susan, then Rachel and a little later, Grace. Blessed!!!! We are so blessed!!!!
Now, I feel I need to say this again. Words can't describe everything about these precious ladies that now share my name (Mrs. Holt)....but I know that each of them will do their absolute best to guide their families and love and respect their husbands as they carry that name into the next generation.

No comments:
Post a Comment